2015年2月25日水曜日

5×7 Fundraiser Exhibition


Back to the simple template for this blog, since on my other template no one was able to view the comments on the posts from the computer, including myself. Boo!
I believe you can see them now. I probably will want to change back to the old template later on, but for now, I'll go with this one.
Anyways.

While relaxing, listening to my favorite musics, and drinking the french vanilla from the new coffee machine we recently got in our cafeteria, I did a little experimentation piece combining graphite, watercolor, colored pencil, and ink for a special event.

I was invited by my friend Rachel (check out her blog here) to participate in the fundraiser exhibition the members of the CCS Haiti Service-Learning Trip are hosting. There will be artworks donated by the faculty and students of the College for Creative Studies, and each 5×7 in. piece will be sold for $25!





Here's the scanned image of the final piece I submitted (with little tweaking, of course). Below are some process shots I took while working on this piece.

These are the basic steps I took: first I drew with 2H and 2B pencil, painted the flowers with watercolor, added some watercolor washes onto parts of her face, inked the background, used color pencils to draw in the flowers, painted white gouache for highlights, and then used gold paint to add the finishing touch.








The exhibition will be located in the U245 Gallery in the lobby of The Art Center Building: 201 E Kirby st. 48202, this coming Friday, Feb. 27th from 4:30 PM. Come by to see all the good art!






( a little something I played around with just for fun )



Have a creative day,





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿