2015年2月4日水曜日

Sketchbooks and Drawings



For thumbnails, sketches and ideations, I usually use the Strathmore sketchbook. Other times, I've been using different types of Moleskine sketchbooks. Their paper quality is good and smooth, and very comfortable to draw in. I was looking for a sketchbook with rougher paper, and I found the Two Hands Paperie sketchbooks and I've been drawing in them ever since then. I just love how it grasps the graphite so nicely. It's also thick enough to hold some inks and light washes of paint as well;

I just wanted to share a recent doodle/sketch I did in the Hand Book, and some digital coloring I did after scanning the drawing in.







This image was initially suppose to be upside down, as if she's laying down and you're looking from the top of her head, but unfortunately it was hard to see the image so I decided to flip it. I scanned it in, cleaned up the unnecessary marks, touched on values a bit and made it black and white.
By the way, I still struggle with graphite smudging; if I'm not conscious all the time, my hand will brush against the drawing and make bunch of grey smears, especially where I render with the graphite and not just lines. Oh lord. If anyone has tips on how to keep your drawings clean, please let me know! Anyways.




Here's the colored version of this sketch. It turned out to be more of a finished drawing rather than a doodle as I started loosely, since I really enjoyed giving liveliness to her. I've also tried to keep the rendering as simple as I can to give it a more flat look.

So far I'm loving this Hand Book Sketchbook.

What's your favorite sketchbook brand?



Have a creative day,




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿